About the WooCommerce Training Course
The FLOSSNet 1-day practical WooCommerce training course will equip you with knowledge and skills to build a professional online store from scratch on your harddrive complete with products, shopping cart, checkout, payment gateway, and shipping.
We assume you start the course with no prior e-commerce experience, programming, or technical skills.
WooCommerce is a free plugin that you install on your WordPress website. There is no monthly fee.
The FLOSSNet’s WordPress Training Course is a prerequisite for the WooCommerce training course.
The following are the prerequisites for those who did not attend the FLOSSNet’s WordPress training course but have WordPress experience:
- You must know how to login to the Backend/Dashboard of WordPress
- You must be comfortable working in the Backend/Dashboard of WordPress
- You must have created pages with images in WordPress
- You must know how to install a plugin
- You must know what a shortcode is and how it is used
- You must know what a widget and sidebar is
You are required to bring a laptop/Mac to the course. If you do not have access to a laptop, then we can hire one to you.
Who Must Attend?
The course is aimed at those who:
- Want to create an online store for themselves or their company or their clients.
- Have built their online store using WooCommerce through trial and error.
- Have had a WooCommerce website built for them.
- Want to know what WooCommerce is all about and what it can offer.
- Want to build online stores as an income for others.
- Want to sell their products online.
Brief Course Outline
The following is a brief course outline:
- Module 1: Setting Up WooCommerce
- Module 2: Exploring WooCommerce Settings
- Module 3: Setting Up Products
- Module 4: Managing Product Display
- Module 5: Setting Up Attributes and Variations
- Module 6: Setting Up Payment Options
- Module 7: Configuring the Shipping
- Module 8: Managing Orders and the Checkout Process
- Module 9: WooCommerce Reports
- Module 10: Using Widgets
- Module 11: Designing the Home Page Layout
- Module 12: WooCommerce Customisation
- Module 13: Building Credibility
Complete the form below in order to receive a detailed course outline.
Course Dates and Venues
The course will be conducted as follows:
|Alberton||12 December 2019|
|Cape Town||4 December 2019|
|Centurion||30 January 2020|
|Durban||T B A|
The course will be conducted from 9:00 – 15:00
The course can be conducted at other venues if there is sufficient interest. Complete the enquiry form on this page.
Please take note of the following remarks:
- We are not in a position to provide comparisons with any other software or websites which provide the ability to run an online shop.
- The course will not cover taxes.
- The course will only use the South African rand as the trading currency.
- We also provide a consultancy service to those who have a WooCommerce website but require advice and guidance.
- We have the experience and expertise to design a WooCommerce website for those who require this service instead of attending the course.
Registration for this course is open.
Do let us know if you have any specific questions or requirements before you register. Do not assume.Download the Registration Form Click Here to Register Online