About the Online WooCommerce Training Course
This course is conducted online by an Instructor using Zoom.
Our practical WooCommerce training course will equip you with knowledge and skills to build a professional online store from scratch on your harddrive complete with products, shopping cart, checkout, payment gateway, and shipping.
WooCommerce can also be set up as a catalogue with no prices and no checkout. You will receive an e-mail with the products customers are interested in, at which point you can send them an order/invoice.
We assume you start the course with no prior e-commerce experience, programming, or technical skills.
WooCommerce is a free plugin that you install on your WordPress website. There is no monthly fee.
The FLOSSNet’s WordPress Training Course is a prerequisite for the WooCommerce training course.
The following are the prerequisites for those who did not attend the FLOSSNet’s WordPress training course but have WordPress experience:
- You must know how to login to the Backend/Dashboard of WordPress
- You must be comfortable working in the Backend/Dashboard of WordPress
- You must have created pages with images in WordPress
- You must know how to install a plugin
- You must know what a shortcode is and how it is used
- You must know what a widget and sidebar is
You are required to bring a laptop/Mac to the course. If you do not have access to a laptop, then we can hire one to you.
Who Must Attend?
The course is aimed at those who:
- Want to create an online store for themselves or their company or their clients.
- Have built their online store using WooCommerce through trial and error.
- Have had a WooCommerce website built for them.
- Want to know what WooCommerce is all about and what it can offer.
- Want to build online stores as an income for others.
- Want to sell their products online.
Brief Course Outline
The following is a brief course outline:
- Module 1: Configuring WordPress
- Module 2: Setting Up WooCommerce
- Module 3: Adding Products
- Module 4: Adding Variable Products
- Module 5: Importing and Exporting Products
- Module 6: Managing Product Display
- Module 7: Setting Up Payment Options
- Module 8: Configuring the Delivery Options
- Module 9: Setting E-Mails
- Module 10: Checkout Process
- Module 11: Managing Orders
- Module 12: WooCommerce Reports
- Module 13: Using Widgets To Display Products
- Module 14: Building Credibility
- Module 15: Securing and Backing Up Your Online Shop
Complete the form below in order to receive a detailed course outline.
The course will be conducted online as follows:
- 7 April 2021
- 8 June 2021
The course duration is 1 day and is conducted from 9:00 to 13:30 with one 30 minute break.
Online Training Requirements
- You are required to have a laptop, Mac or PC
- You require at least a LTE/4G connection and 1GB of bandwidth for a 4-hour session.
- The use of a headset is recommended to block out unwanted noise and distractions.
Please take note of the following remarks:
- We are not in a position to provide comparisons with any other software or websites which provide the ability to run an online shop.
- The course will not cover taxes.
- The course will only use the South African rand as the trading currency.
- We also provide a consultancy service to those who have a WooCommerce website but require advice and guidance.
- We have the experience and expertise to design a WooCommerce website for those who require this service instead of attending the course.
Registration for this course is open.Click Here to Register Online
If you find the same course with the same content, duration and benefits cheaper in South Africa, then you can attend our course for free. Ts&Cs apply.