Online WordPress SEO Training Course Overview
Our Online WordPress SEO Training Course will boost your online presence by increasing quality traffic.
Even if you have outsourced your SEO, it is desirable to have some knowledge of what SEO is all about. In so doing, you would have a better sense of what should be delivered or speak more intelligibly with your provider. In fact, some people have saved money, since they were able to question certain aspects of their contracts and keep tabs on the deliverables.
Our experience has now shown that some people do not know what to expect from those contracted to do their SEO or what is involved. All they know is that they pay every month and hope for the best.
The course focus on on-page optimisation.
Before the end of the course, your website will be signed up to Google Analytics and Google Search Console. You must have your control panel (cPanel or KonsoleH) login details if you want to take us up on this offer.
The Online WordPress SEO Training Course is conducted online using Zoom.
About the Online WordPress SEO Training Course
- This is a practical SEO course for those with WordPress website or who intend to design a WordPress website.
- The course is aimed at beginners to SEO.
- The course is not too technical.
- The course aims to demystify SEO and make it accessible and understandable.
- The course deals with on-page optimisation; the first and critical step for SEO.
- This course will utilise the Yoast SEO plugin.
It is highly recommended that you have attended our WordPress Training course.
You must be comfortable working in the WordPress Dashboard/Backend.
The course outline is as follows:
Module 1: Introduction to SEO
- What is SEO?
- Why Optimise Your Web Pages
- On-Page Optimisation vs Off-Page Optimisation
- White Hat Techniques vs Black Hat Techniques
Module 2: URL Structure
- Permalinks in WordPress
- Category Structure
- Domain Names
- WWW vs Non-WWW
Module 3: Identify Keyword Opportunities
- Identifying Long-Tail Keywords
- Checking Web Analytics
- Using a Keyword Research Tools
- Identifying Sources for Keywords
Module 4: On-Page Optimisation
- Installing the Yoast Plugin
- Configuring the Yoast Plugin
- Adding the Focus Keywords
- Optimising Title Tags
- Optimising the URL
- Optimising the Meta Description
- Adding the Alternative Text to Image
- Internal Linking/Anchor Text
- Headline Tags (H1)
- Placing of focus keywords in the body of the text
Module 5: Additional Mastering On-Page Optimisation
- Images and Pictures
- Website Content
- Redirecting Pages
- Robots.txt File
- Adding Name, Address, Phone in Footer area
- Placing Sitemap on website
- Storing Searches on Your Website
- Adding Breadcrumbs
Module 6: Google Analytics
- Signing Up
- Verifying website
- Placing Code Snippet on Website
- Metrics and Dimensions
Module 7: Google Search Console
- Signing Up
- Verifying Website
- Submitting Site Map
- Crawling Errors
- HTML Improvements
Module 8: Other Considerations
- Improving Loading Speed of Web Pages
- Using a Content Delivery Networks
- Using SSL
- Avoiding Flash
The online course will be conducted as follows:
- 9 April 2021
- 10 June 2021
The course duration is 1 day and is conducted from 9:00 to 14:00 with one 30 minute break.
Online Course Training Requirements
- You are required to have a laptop, Mac or PC
- You require at least a LTE/4G connection and 1GB of bandwidth for a 5-hour session.
- The use of a headset is recommended to block out unwanted noise and distractions.
Registration for the course is open.Register Online