Online WordPress Training Course Overview
This course is conducted online by an Instructor using Zoom.
Our 2-day comprehensive Instructor-Led Online WordPress training course will equip computer literate individuals with no web design or coding experience with knowledge and skills to design a complete professional WordPress website on their harddrives from scratch.
WordPress is free and open source software (FOSS).
This course is aimed at:
- Those who want to save on designing a website or making changes to a website
- Those who have developed websites using Frontpage or Dreamweaver
- Those who want to move their static or Joomla or Wix or Weebly website to WordPress
- Those who want to know what WordPress is all about
- Those who want to be in control of their website
- Those who want a mobile-friendly/responsive website
The only prerequisite is that you must be computer literate. We assume that you start the course with no web design or WordPress experience. Programming/coding knowledge is not required.
Online Training Requirements
- You are required to have a laptop, Mac or PC
- You require at least a LTE/4G connection and 1GB of bandwidth for a 4-hour session.
- The use of a headset is recommended to block out unwanted noise and distractions.
Brief WordPress Training Course Outline
Below is a brief course outline.
- Module 1: Open Source Software
- Module 2: Setting Up a Local Web Server
- Module 3: Creating a WordPress Website
- Module 4: Dashboard Login
- Module 5: The WordPress Interface
- Module 6: Changing WordPress Settings
- Module 7: About Plugins
- Module 8: The Page Screen
- Module 9: Optimising Images
- Module 10: Creating Web Pages
- Module 11: Creating Posts
- Module 12: Creating a Menu
- Module 13: Inserting Hyperlinks
- Module 14: About Shortcodes
- Module 15: Adding a Photo Gallery
- Module 16: Creating a Contact Form
- Module 17: About Widgets and Sidebars
- Module 18: Themes and Appearance
- Module 19: Inserting an Image Slider
- Module 20: Adding Social Media Buttons
- Module 21: Styling the Home Page
- Module 22: Widgets Appearing With Certain Menu Items
- Module 23: Changing Page Visibility
- Module 24: Adding Font Awesome Icons To Text
- Module 25: Inserting A Google Map
- Module 26: WordPress Web Security
- Module 27: Backing Up the Website
Complete the form below in order to receive a detailed course outline.
What You Will Get
In addition to the 2 days of training, your course fee includes the following:
- A detailed graphical step-by-step manual.
- Two months of free online support on what has been covered on the course.
- A digital Certificate of Attendance.
- The plugins, theme, and WordPress to start designing your website.
- 20 Professional themes.
- A guide on how to duplicate your live WordPress website on your harddrive
- Infographic on 50 features every website must have.
- We will register a .co.za or .org.za domain in your name for which we will pay for the first year. The cost is R100.00 per year thereafter. This you can pass on to a colleague or friend if you have already a registered domain. However, the offer must be taken up within 2 months of the course end date.
- We will host a .co.za or .org.za domain for 3 months at no cost to you on our Bronze package which has 1GB webspace. Thereafter it will be R25.00 per month. This you can pass on to a colleague or friend if you have already a registered domain. However, the offer must be taken up within 2 months of the course end date.
- Create 5 e-mail addresses. The participant will be responsible to set up the e-mail addresses on their laptops or computers.
- Sign up your website with Google Analytics and Google Search Console. You will get a weekly report on visitors to your, webspace, popular web pages, the time they spend on your website, the number of web pages they read.
- For those with WordPress websites, we will provide a report on your website within one month of your attendance focussing on the following:
- The speed of your website
- Checking if there are any broken links
- Checking the DNS settings (SPF, DMARC, DKIM, rDNS) which can have an impact on e-mail deliverability. Your e-mails might bounce or marked as spam if the settings are not correct.
- Checking if your IP or domain might be blacklisted.
The following are our course dates:
- 9 & 10 March 2021
- 11 & 12 May 2021
- 22 & 23 June 2021
The course duration is 2 days and is conducted from 9:00 to 13:30 with one 30 minute break.
Registration for this course is open.Click Here to Register Online
If you find the same course with the same content, duration and benefits cheaper in South Africa, then you can attend our course for free. Ts&Cs apply.