Self-Paced WordPress Training Course Overview
This is a self-paced training course. You do the course at your own pace and in your own space.
The course will equip computer literate individuals with no web design or coding experience with the knowledge and skills to design a complete professional WordPress website on their harddrives from scratch.
WordPress (https://wordpress.org) is free and open source software (FOSS).
About Our Self-Paced WordPress Training Course
When you watch some of these online training videos, the presenter speaks fast, they move the mouse fast, they do a number of actions at the same time, they move between screens which is difficult to follow. Invariably, you have to pause the video, rewind it, play it again to catch up. They give you little to no time to do what they did.
Our videos are training videos and not explainer/demo videos. In the other videos, the presenter will say: “I’m going to show you how to …”. In our videos, we say: “In this video, we are going to do …”
In our training videos, we work systematically through the steps. It is as if we are doing one-on-one training. We repeat the steps, there are pauses between steps so that you can follow what was done.
You will be provided with 6 months of support from the time of enrollment to assist you with difficulties you might encounter while doing the Self-Paced WordPress Training Course.
You will be provided with a specific e-mail address where you will have to send your question for help/support.
You will receive a response within 24 hours.
This course is aimed at:
- Those who want to save on designing a website or making changes to a website
- Those who have developed websites using Frontpage or Dreamweaver
- Those who want to move their static or Joomla or Wix or Weebly website to WordPress
- Those who want to know what WordPress is all about
- Those who want to be in control of their website
- Those who want a mobile-friendly/responsive website
The only prerequisite is that you must be computer literate.
We assume that you start the course with no web design or WordPress experience.
Programming/coding knowledge is not required.
Self-Paced Training Requirements
- You are required to have a laptop, Mac or PC
- The use of a headset is recommended to block out unwanted noise and distractions while you watch the videos.
Brief Self-Paced WordPress Training Course Outline
Below is a brief course outline.
- Module 1: Open Source Software
- Module 2: Setting Up a Local Web Server
- Module 3: Creating a WordPress Website
- Module 4: Dashboard Login
- Module 5: The WordPress Interface
- Module 6: Changing WordPress Settings
- Module 7: About Plugins
- Module 8: The Page Screen
- Module 9: Optimising Images
- Module 10: Creating Web Pages
- Module 11: Creating a Menu
- Module 12: Creating Posts
- Module 13: Inserting Hyperlinks
- Module 14: About Shortcodes
- Module 15: Adding a Photo Gallery
- Module 16: Creating a Contact Form
- Module 17: About Widgets and Sidebars
- Module 18: Themes and Appearance
- Module 19: Styling the Home Page
- Module 20: Inserting an Image Slider
- Module 21: Adding Social Media Buttons
- Module 22: Adding Font Awesome Icons To Text
- Module 23: Adding Videos to Your Website
- Module 24: Inserting A Google Map
- Module 25: WordPress Web Security
- Module 26: Backing Up the Website
What You Will Get?
In addition to the training videos, your fee includes the following:
- A detailed easy-to-follow graphical step-by-step manual. This is crucial when you undertake self-paced training since you can follow the course using the videos with the manual complementing the course.
- A cheatsheet which summarises the course on 4 pages for easy reference.
- A digital Certificate of Completion if you have requested it at the time of enrolling.
- The plugins, theme, and WordPress to start designing your website.
- A guide on how to duplicate your live WordPress website on your harddrive.
- A guide on how to make your website live if it was designed on the harddrive.
- Infographic on 50 features every website must have.
- Standard Course Fee: R 1 500.00
You have lifetime access and can start at any time. However, keep in mind that you must complete the course within 3 months of enrolment in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.
In the event where you decide to attend our Face-to-Face or Online Training Course, for whatsoever reason, the fee you paid for the Self-Paced WordPress Training Course will be deducted.
Use the following steps to enroll:
- Visit: https://flossnet.co.za/courses/self-paced-wordpress-training-course/
- Scroll towards the bottom and click ADD TO BASKET
- Scroll towards the bottom and click VIEW CART
- If you have a coupon, then apply it. If you have another coupon, then apply it also.
- Click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
- Complete your details. Type your full names if you want a Certificate of Completion.
- Select your payment method and click PLACE ORDER
- If you select EFT, then you will receive an order with the banking account details. If you select PayFast, then you will be directed to the secure PayFast website to complete the payment. PayFast does not store your card details.
- We will mark your order complete when we receive the proof of payment at which point you will receive an e-mail indicating that you can log in and start the course.
Coupons cannot be used in conjunction with other coupons, sales, and discounts unless we have stated so.
Other Training OptionsClick here to visit the Face-to-Face WordPress Training Course webpage Click here to visit the Online WordPress Training Course webpage
Website Design Services
For those who are in a hurry to get a website or who have no intention of designing a website themselves, but is in need of a website – we have the capacity to design websites.
Click here to view our theme demos on the website of our sister company, The Website Hoster. Website design starts from R3500.00 with a turnaround time of 20 – 30 working days.
Even though two or more websites might use the same theme, the websites will look different. The websites will have different content, colours, images, sliders, galleries, hero images, etc