About This Tutorial
In this video series, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to install software on your laptop to set it up as a local webserver and install WordPress on your laptop/Mac/Desktop, i.e. installing WordPress on your laptop with a view of designing your website(s) offline.
The following are some of the advantages of setting up a local webserver:
- You can design websites (WordPress or Joomla) on your laptop without being connected to the Internet. You will also be able to install Moodle, Prestashop, Drupal, etc on the localhost.
- You can duplicate your live website (WordPress or Joomla) on your laptop to explore it so as not to mess up the live website
- You can have a duplicate copy of your live website on your laptop
- You can test plugins or themes on your laptop without affecting the live website. Some plugins can break your live website when you install it.
- You can test updating WordPress, plugins and the theme on the localhost of your duplicated live website. If updating works on the laptop, then there is a big chance that it will work on the live website. It is important that you have your web control panel login details before you update WordPress, plugins or the theme as well as making a backup beforehand.
We also offer this as a service if you want us to do it for you. The service is offered by our sister company, The Website Hoster. Click on the link below to view the service.
We will give you a 50% discount on the service.
What Is Covered?
The videos cover the following:
Part 1: Installing Wampserver
- What is a Local Web Server?
- Downloading the Wampserver Installation File
- Installing Wampserver
- Fixing DLL Errors
- Configuring Wampserver
Part 2: Installing WordPress
- Creating a Database
- Creating a Folder
- Downloading the WordPress Zip File
- Unzipping the File
- Accessing the Website
- Configuring WordPress
What You Will Get?
You will receive the following when signing up for this tutorial:
- Training videos to guide you step-by-step
- A manual to print out to assist you as well as providing a reference
- 6 months of free online support on what is covered in the videos
Sign Up For This Tutorial
Use the following steps to sign:
- Visit: https://flossnet.co.za/courses/installing-wordpress-on-your-laptop/
- Scroll towards the bottom and click ADD TO BASKET
- Scroll towards the bottom and click VIEW CART
- If you have a coupon, then apply it. If you have another coupon, then apply it also.
- Click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
- Complete your details. Type your full names if you want a Certificate of Completion.
- Select your payment method and click PLACE ORDER
- If you select EFT, then you will receive an order with the banking account details. If you select PayFast, then you will be directed to the secure PayFast website to complete the payment. PayFast does not store your card details.
- We will mark your order complete when we receive the proof of payment at which point you will receive an e-mail indicating that you can log in and start the course.
Coupons cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions unless we have stated so.