About the Moodle Training Course
This practical Moodle Training Course is conducted Face-to-Face.
Our 2-day Moodle Training Course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to create online training courses using a leading Learning Management System such as Moodle. Since it is open source software, it is FREE.
Moodle (https://moodle.org) is designed to provide Educators, Administrators, Learners, Course Developers, Assessors, Trainers with a robust platform to create online, interactive teaching and learning environments. You can create effective online courses and learning experiences in a collaborative, engaging, and interactive way that users can access anytime, anywhere from any device.
Our Moodle Training Course will take you step-by-step through the different aspects of Moodle to assist you in creating online courses.
This is a beginner course. Thus, no prior knowledge of e-learning or LMS, or Moodle is required. You must bring a laptop/Mac to the course.
Let us know if you would want to create an e-learning platform similar to Udemy or Lynda.com. Depending on your needs, you might want to consider a different option than Moodle.
How Can Moodle Be Utilised?
The following are some of the uses for Moodle:
- Use for correspondence/distance/blended learning
- Can be used for the internal training of employees
- Tracking of training progress for Learnerships
- Can assist with ensuring employee competence
- Can assist with the technical job interview process
- Can be used as a pure assessment tool
Our Post-Course Reinforcement Approach
We have designed our Face-to-Face Moodle Training Course in such a way, that at the end of the course we will sign you up for our Self-Paced Moodle Training Course at no cost to you. In doing so, it will provide you with an opportunity to revise and “redo” the course at your own pace and in your own space. We know that everything will not be clear after having attended the 2-day Moodle Training Course.
You can start the Self-Paced Moodle Training Course at any time once you have been signed up. You have lifetime access.
- Module 1: Open Source Software
- Module 2: About Moodle
- Module 3: The Moodle Interface
- Module 4: Adding Course Categories
- Module 5: Adding Courses
- Module 6: Adding Users
- Module 7: Setting Up the Gradebook
- Module 8: Adding a Folder Resource
- Module 9: Adding a File Resource
- Module 10: Adding a Page Resource
- Module 11: Adding a URL Resource
- Module 12: Adding a Book Resource
- Module 13: Adding an Assignment Activity
- Module 14: Adding a Lesson Activity
- Module 15: Adding a Quiz Activity
- Module 16: Adding a Chat Activity
- Module 17: Adding a Forum Activity
- Module 18: Adding a Choice Activity
- Module 19: Adding a Feedback Activity
- Module 20: Using Activity Completion for Progress Tracking
- Module 21: Using Course Completion for Progress Tracking
- Module 22: The Grader Report
- Module 23: Backing Up a Course
- Bonus Module: Installing Moodle In a Subfolder
- Bonus Module: Adding a Custom Certificate
Complete the form below in order to receive a detailed course outline.
Course Venues and Dates
The 2-day Moodle Training Course will be conducted from 9:00 to 15:00 as follows:
We have generous discounts for Early Bird registrations and group bookings.
The Moodle Training Course can also be conducted one-on-one or for a group either online or face-to-face.
Conducting face-to-face training in other provinces, except Gauteng, will require a minimum of 3 participants.
Our standard discounts do not apply to private training. We have a sliding discount scale depending on the number of participants.
We offer the following comparitively affordable Moodle services:
- Moodle hosting, installation, and configuration
- Upgrading, securing, maintaining, and backing up Moodle
- Adding content for courses supplied by the client
- Migrating a course(s) from one server to another
Complete the form below if you require a service(s)