Self-Paced Moodle Training Course Overview
You do this course at your own pace and in your own space.
Our Self-Paced Moodle Training Course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to create online training courses using a leading Learning Management System such as Moodle. Since it is open source software, it is FREE.
Moodle (https://moodle.org) is designed to provide Educators, Administrators, Learners, Course Developers, Assessors, Trainers with a robust platform to create online, interactive teaching and learning environments. You can create effective online courses and learning experiences in a collaborative, engaging, and interactive way that users can access anytime, anywhere from any device.
Our Self-Paced Moodle Training Course will take you step-by-step through the different aspects of Moodle to assist you in creating online courses.
This is a beginner course. Thus, no prior knowledge of e-learning or LMS, or Moodle is required.
Let us know if you would want to create an e-learning platform similar to Udemy or Lynda.com. Depending on your needs, you might want to consider a different option than Moodle.
How Can Moodle Be Utilised?
The following are some of the uses for Moodle:
- Use for correspondence/distance/blended learning
- Can be used for the internal training of employees
- Tracking of training progress for Learnerships
- Can assist with ensuring employee competence
- Can assist with the technical job interview process
- Can be used as a pure assessment tool
About Our Self-Paced Moodle Training Course
When you watch some of these online training videos, the presenter speaks fast, they move the mouse fast, they do a number of actions at the same time, they move between screens which is difficult to follow. Invariably, you have to pause the video, rewind it, play it again to catch up. They give you little to no time to do what they did.
Our videos are training videos and not explainer/demo videos. In the other videos, the presenter will say: “I’m going to show you how to …”. In our videos, we say: “In this video, we are going to do …”
In our training videos, we work systematically through the steps. It is as if we are doing one-on-one training. We repeat the steps, there are pauses between steps so that you can follow what was done.
You will be provided with 6 months of support from the time of enrolment to assist you with difficulties you might encounter while doing the Self-Paced Moodle Training Course.
You will be provided with a specific e-mail address where you will have to send your question for help/support.
You will receive a response within 24 hours.
You will be awarded a Certificate of Completion if you complete the Self-Paced Moodle Training Course within 3 months of enrolment.
- Module 1: Open Source Software
- Module 2: About Moodle
- Module 3: The Moodle Interface
- Module 4: Adding Course Categories
- Module 5: Adding Courses
- Module 6: Adding Users
- Module 7: Setting Up the Gradebook
- Module 8: Adding a Folder Resource
- Module 9: Adding a File Resource
- Module 10: Adding a Page Resource
- Module 11: Adding a URL Resource
- Module 12: Adding a Book Resource
- Module 13: Adding an Assignment Activity
- Module 14: Adding a Lesson Activity
- Module 15: Adding a Quiz Activity
- Module 16: Adding a Chat Activity
- Module 17: Adding a Forum Activity
- Module 18: Adding a Choice Activity
- Module 19: Adding a Feedback Activity
- Module 20: Using Activity Completion for Progress Tracking
- Module 21: Using Course Completion for Progress Tracking
- Module 22: The Grader Report
- Module 23: Backing Up a Course
- Bonus Module: Installing Moodle In a Subfolder
- Bonus Module: Adding a Custom Certificate
Complete the form below in order to receive a detailed course outline via e-mail.
Use the following steps to enrol in the Self-Paced Moodle Training Course:
- Visit: https://flossnet.co.za/courses/self-paced-moodle-training-course/
- Scroll towards the bottom and click ADD TO BASKET for the Self-Paced Moodle Training Course
- Scroll towards the bottom and click VIEW CART
- If you have a coupon, then apply it. If you have another coupon, then apply it also.
- Click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
- Complete your details. Type your full names if you want a Certificate of Completion.
- Select your payment method and click PLACE ORDER
- If you select EFT, then you will receive an order with the banking account details. If you select PayFast, then you will be directed to the secure PayFast website to complete the payment. PayFast does not store your card details.
- We will mark your order complete when we receive the proof of payment at which point you will receive an e-mail indicating that you can log in and start the course.
Coupons cannot be used in conjunction with other coupons, sales, and discounts unless we have stated so.
The Moodle Training Course can also be conducted one-on-one or for a group either online or face-to-face.
Conducting face-to-face training in other provinces, except Gauteng, will require a minimum of 3 participants.
Our standard discounts do not apply to private training. We have a sliding discount scale depending on the number of participants.
We offer the following comparatively affordable Moodle services:
- Moodle hosting, installation, and configuration
- Upgrading, securing, maintaining, and backing up Moodle
- Adding content for courses supplied by the client
- Migrating a course(s) from one server to another
Complete the form below if you require a service(s)
Visit Our Other Moodle Training Courses