About the Online Moodle Training Course
This course is conducted online by an Instructor using Zoom.
Moodle (https://moodle.org), which is free and open source software, is a learning platform designed to provide Educators, Administrators, Learners, Course Developers, Trainers with a single robust, secure and integrated system to create personalised learning environments.
Moodle is a leading virtual learning environment for your online course. Since it is open source software, it is FREE.
This course will take you step-by-step through the different aspects of Moodle to assist you in creating online courses.
Moodle is complex, but learning the fundamental building blocks will stand you in good stead to build powerful online courses.
Let us know if you would want to create an e-learning platform similar to Udemy or Lynda.com. Depending on your needs, you might want to consider a different option than Moodle.
Our Post-Course Reinforcement Approach
We normally leave the website participants used on the course for a week before removing it. In so doing, it provides an opportunity for participants to revise and explore Moodle. In other instances, participants requested a clean installation of Moodle with a view of re-doing the course using recordings of the sessions which we then made available.
This is a beginner course. Thus, no prior knowledge of e-learning or LMS, or Moodle is required.
- Module 1: Open Source Software
- Module 2: About Moodle
- Module 3: The Moodle Interface
- Module 4: Adding Course Categories
- Module 5: Adding Courses
- Module 6: Adding Users
- Module 7: Setting Up the Gradebook
- Module 8: Adding a Folder Resource
- Module 9: Adding a File Resource
- Module 10: Adding a Page Resource
- Module 11: Adding a URL Resource
- Module 12: Adding a Book Resource
- Module 13: Adding an Assignment Activity
- Module 14: Adding a Lesson Activity
- Module 15: Adding a Quiz Activity
- Module 16: Adding a Chat Activity
- Module 17: Adding a Forum Activity
- Module 18: Adding a Choice Activity
- Module 19: Adding a Feedback Activity
- Module 20: Using Activity Completion for Progress Tracking
- Module 21: Using Course Completion for Progress Tracking
- Module 22: The Grader Report
- Module 23: Backing Up a Course
Complete the form below in order to receive a detailed course outline via e-mail.
The 2-day online course will be conducted from 9:00 to 14:00 on the following dates:
- 13 & 14 May 2021
One-on-One and Group Training
The Moodle course can also be conducted one-on-one or for a group either online or face-to-face. Conducting face-to-face training in other provinces, except Gauteng, will be dependent on the number of participants. Our standard discounts do not apply to one-on-one training.
We offer the following comparitively affordable Moodle services:
- Moodle hosting, installation, and configuration
- Upgrading, securing, maintaining, and backing up Moodle
- Adding content for courses supplied by the client
- Migrating a course(s) from one server to another
Complete the form below if you require a service(s)
Registration for the course is open.Click Here to Register Online