Cycles Render Engine
Cycles is Blender’s built-in powerful unbiased path-tracer engine that offers stunning ultra-realistic rendering.
- Real-time viewport preview
- CPU & GPU rendering
- PBR shaders & HDR lighting support
- VR rendering support
Modelling, Sculpt, UV
Blender’s comprehensive array of modelling tools make creating, transforming and editing your models a breeze.
- Full N-Gon support
- Edge slide, inset, grid and bridge fill, and more
- Advanced sculpting tools and brushes
- Multi-resolution and Dynamic subdivision
- 3D painting with textured brushes and masking
- Python scripting for custom tools and add-ons
VFX professionals say: “Probably the best tracker in the market”. Blender includes production ready camera and object tracking. Allowing you to import raw footage, track the footage, mask areas and see the camera movements live in your 3d scene. Eliminating the need to switch between programs.
- Auto and Manual tracking
- Powerful camera reconstruction
- Real-time preview of your tracked footage and 3D scene
- Support for Planar tracking and Tripod solvers
Animation & Rigging
Thanks to the high quality rigging and animation tools, Blender is being used for numerous short films, advertisements, TV series and feature films now.
- Envelope, skeleton and automatic skinning
- B-spline interpolated bones
- Curve editor and dope sheets
- Custom bone shapes for fast input
- Sound synchronisation
Story Art, Drawing 2d in 3d
Really! Drawing directly in a 3D viewport makes a lot of sense. It opens unsurpassed workflow freedom for story-boarders and 2D artists.
- Combine 2D with 3D right in the viewport
- Full Animation Support with Onion Skinning
- Layers & Colours for Stroke and Fill
- Sculpt brush strokes & Parent to 3D objects
Make it Your Own
Blender has a flexible Python controlled interface. Layout, colors, size and even fonts can be adjusted. Use hundreds of add-ons by the community or create your own using Blender’s accessible Python API.
- Customise the interface layout and colours
- Hi-res/Retina screen support
- Create your own tools and add-ons
- Draw over the OpenGL viewport
- Connect with Blender’s Render API