Advanced WordPress Training Course Overview
The Advanced WordPress Training Course is a practical hands-on course which builds upon the FLOSSNet’s WordPress Training Course. The course aims to:
- Improve your efficiency and effectiveness in designing/maintaining/improving your WordPress website.
- Make you less reliant on external assistance with WordPress.
- Expand your knowledge and skills set of WordPress.
The FLOSSNet’s WordPress Training Course is a prerequisite for the Advanced WordPress training course.
The following are the prerequisites for those who did not attend the FLOSSNet’s WordPress training course but have WordPress experience:
- You must know how to login to the Backend/Dashboard of WordPress
- You must be comfortable working in the Backend/Dashboard of WordPress
- You must have created pages with images in WordPress
- You must know how to install a plugin
- You must know what a shortcode is and how it is used
- You must know what a widget and sidebar is
You are required to bring a laptop/Mac to the course. If you do not have access to a laptop, then we can hire one to you.
Course Duration and Time
Duration: 2 days
Times: 9:00 – 15:00
Brief Course Outline
Below is a brief course outline.
- Module 1: Domain Registration & Web Hosting
- Module 2: Making a Website Live
- Module 3: Duplicating a Live WordPress Website on the Localhost
- Module 4: The wp-config.php File
- Module 5: Adding Video & Audio to Your Website
- Module 6: Adding an Events Calendar
- Module 7: Widgets Appearing With Certain Menu Items
- Module 8: Adding Font Awesome Icons
- Module 9: Adding Google Fonts
- Module 10: Animating Text or Images
- Module 11: Editing Images in WordPress
- Module 12: View PDFs Online
- Module 13: Creating Membership Levels to Restrict Content Access
- Module 14: Adding a Payment Button
- Module 15: Changing the Username or Password
- Module 16: Hiding Page Titles
- Module 17: Using a Page Builder
- Module 18: Speeding Up Your Website
- Module 19: Changing Page Visibility
- Module 20: Adding Mailchimp
- Module 21: Creating a Sitemap
- Module 22: Adding the Google Analytics Tracking ID
- Module 23: Tips for Generating Leads With Your Website
Download the Detailed Course Outline
Course Venues & Dates
|Alberton||30 & 31 July 2018|
|Cape Town||4 & 5 July 2018|
|Durban||3 & 4 October 2018|
Registration for this course is open.Download the Registration Form
Click Here to Register Online