Online WordPress Training Course Overview
This course is conducted online by an Instructor using Zoom.
Our 2-day comprehensive Instructor-Led Online WordPress Training Course will equip computer literate individuals with no web design or coding experience with the knowledge and skills to design a complete professional WordPress website on their harddrives from scratch.
WordPress (https://wordpress.org) is free and open source software (FOSS).
Post Course Support
We have designed our Online WordPress Training Course in such a way, that at the end of a course you will be provided with a recording of the sessions with a view of you re-doing the course at your own space and time to internalise WordPress.
We will design a website using a particular theme. Within a week of the course, we will provide you with documentation and a video to design or re-design a website using a different theme. Click here to view the theme and how your website could look like. We will assist you if you get stuck within the two months of free online support. We will do minor CSS tweaks, excluding any custom development.
Click here to view a gallery of themes that are similar to the theme of which we will provide the videos and documentation. Our free support is limited to the theme mentioned above.
We are also able to make the videos and documentation available to anyone who might see a need for it at a fee. It is not training videos on how to design a website. The videos assume you have that knowledge.
This course is aimed at:
- Those who want to save on designing a website or making changes to a website
- Those who have developed websites using Frontpage or Dreamweaver
- Those who want to move their static or Joomla or Wix or Weebly website to WordPress
- Those who want to know what WordPress is all about
- Those who want to be in control of their website
- Those who want a mobile-friendly/responsive website
The only prerequisite is that you must be computer literate. We assume that you start the course with no web design or WordPress experience. Programming/coding knowledge is not required.
Online Training Requirements
- You are required to have a laptop, Mac or PC
- You require at least a LTE/4G connection and 1GB of bandwidth for a 4-hour session.
- The use of a headset is recommended to block out unwanted noise and distractions.
Brief Online WordPress Training Course Outline
Below is a brief course outline.
- Module 1: Open Source Software
- Module 2: Setting Up a Local Web Server
- Module 3: Creating a WordPress Website
- Module 4: Dashboard Login
- Module 5: The WordPress Interface
- Module 6: Changing WordPress Settings
- Module 7: About Plugins
- Module 8: The Page Screen
- Module 9: Optimising Images
- Module 10: Creating Web Pages
- Module 11: Creating a Menu
- Module 12: Creating Posts
- Module 13: Inserting Hyperlinks
- Module 14: About Shortcodes
- Module 15: Adding a Photo Gallery
- Module 16: Creating a Contact Form
- Module 17: About Widgets and Sidebars
- Module 18: Themes and Appearance
- Module 19: Styling the Home Page
- Module 20: Inserting an Image Slider
- Module 21: Adding Social Media Buttons
- Module 22: Adding Font Awesome Icons To Text
- Module 23: Adding Videos to Your Website
- Module 24: Inserting A Google Map
- Module 25: WordPress Web Security
- Module 26: Backing Up the Website
Complete the form below in order to receive a detailed course outline.
What You Will Get
In addition to the 2 days of training, your course fee includes the following:
- A detailed easy-to-follow graphical step-by-step manual.
- A cheatsheet which summarises the course on 4 pages for easy reference.
- Two months of free online support on what has been covered in the course.
- A digital Certificate of Attendance.
- The plugins, theme, and WordPress to start designing your website.
- A guide on how to duplicate your live WordPress website on your harddrive.
- A guide on how to make your website live if it was designed on the harddrive.
- Infographic on 50 features every website must have.
- Recordings of the training sessions.
- Support within the two months to make your website look similar to the theme mentioned above.
The following are our course dates:
- 24 & 25 August 2021
- 21 & 22 September 2021
The course duration is 2 days and is conducted from 9:00 to 14:00 with one 30 minute break.
Registration for the Online WordPress Training Course is open.Click Here to Register Online
If you find the same course with the same content, duration, and benefits cheaper in South Africa, then you can attend our course for free. Ts&Cs apply.
Website Design Services
We have the capacity to design websites. Click here to view our theme demos on the website of our sister company, The Website Hoster. Website design starts from R3500.00 with a turnaround time of 15 – 20 working days.
Even though two or more websites might use the same theme, the websites will look different. The websites will have different content, colours, images, sliders, galleries, hero image, etc.